Is your organization looking for a qualified Safety Professional? If so, please fill out the Job Opportunity Request Form and contact Jason Newland to have your opening posted on our website FREE of charge.
Note: Please include the date in which the job ad should be removed from the site. If no expiration date is provided, the job will be removed 30 days after publishing
Assistant Project Manager Industrial Hygiene -APEX Companies, LLC
Posted: Nov 15, 2018
As an Assistant Project Manager Industrial Hygiene, you’re a serious multi-tasker who lends your project administration expertise and business savvy to the success of every project. You work hard to exceed client expectations for quality and you coordinate project activities to complete every project on time. At the end of the workday, you go home very satisfied knowing you’ve delivered solutions to clients that depend on you to resolve problems that range from very simple to very complex.
Like every member of the Apex Team, your role as Assistant Project Manager Industrial Hygiene is key to the company’s success. While responsibilities of the Assistant Project Manager Industrial Hygiene will vary day to day, in general you will often:
- Manage a diverse portfolio of environmental, health, and safety project with management oversight as required.
- Conduct sampling, monitoring, and data collection activities to evaluate potential health and safety concerns.
- Select, calibrate, and operate a wide variety of equipment to evaluate hazards.
- Accurately review laboratory results, calculate exposure, and create reports maintaining technical and scientific validity.
- Prepare risk assessments.
- Write and review technical reports and proposals.
- Provide clients with environmental, health and safety consulting and training.
- Assist in the hiring and oversight of subcontractors.
- Ensure safe performance of project work.
- Actively source for new business opportunities where applicable.
Actively develop your own career growth.
- BS or higher in Industrial Hygiene, Safety, Toxicology, Environmental Science or other related field.
- 7+ years of solid technical experience.
- Experience determining air sampling analytical parameters from Safety Data Sheets or for Indoor Air Quality concerns, reviewing work activities to determine hazards and training preferred.
- Experience with interpreting and applying regulatory requirements, project coordination, client interaction, and business development.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite.
- Excellent technical communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong safety awareness/practices as well as good recordkeeping.
- Proficient in equipment data programs such as infrared, Q-Trak, etc.
- Must be willing and able to travel 25%.
Experience with Deltek Vision is highly desired.