Is your organization looking for a qualified Safety Professional? If so, please fill out the Job Opportunity Request Form and contact Jason Newland to have your opening posted on our website FREE of charge.
Note: Please include the date in which the job ad should be removed from the site. If no expiration date is provided, the job will be removed 30 days after publishing
Location:West Chester, OH
The Environmental Health & Safety Professional 2 develops, implements, and monitors company environmental safety programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health, and safety regulations. Responsibilities include industrial hygiene, life safety, and ergonomic compliance-related activities. The Environmental Health & Safety Professional 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
In support of Humana’s goal of promoting lifelong well-being, the EH&S Professional supports the successful delivery and oversight of EH&S processes including:
- Assists with the development and delivery of all safety-related written and training programs such as, HAZCOM, PPE, Bloodborne Pathogens, LOTO, Powered Industrial Trucks, Respiratory Protection, Ladder Safety, Electrical, etc.
- Maintains facility Safety Data Sheet (SDS) management system.
- Assists with the development and delivery of all environmental-related written and training programs such as, Hazardous Waste, Universal Waste, Biomedical Waste, SPCC plan, etc.
- Assists with management of Hazardous Waste streams including profiling waste characterizations, scheduling pick-ups, and shipping of hazardous materials.
- Maintains all hazardous waste manifests and shipping receipts as per local, State, and federal regulations.
- Verifies compliance with EH&S regulations through facility walk-throughs, inspections and evaluation of the environment, equipment, and processes in work areas.
- Provides subject matter expert support in identifying and resolving critical environmental and safety regulatory issues.
- Leads site management team in the performance of thorough and objective accident investigations for all accidents and near miss occurrences, including Root Cause Analysis (RCA), and coordinates corrective actions.
- Oversees the sites industrial hygiene programs including occupational monitoring of noise and active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) dust surveys.
- Implements and audits OSHA, EPA, and DOT programs and policies as well as federal, State, and local programs and policies.
- Oversees the coordination of Emergency Response Team (ERT)/Safety Committee (SC) meetings and site-specific training.
- Promotes a strong health and safety culture through leading monthly ERT/SC meetings, activities, and inspections.
- Provides direction to management and SC on correcting identified violations and hazards in a timely manner.
- Follow-up on all violations and hazards to make sure all corrective actions were taken and completed.
- Collaborates and coordinates with security POC to identify safety and security issues and notifies / updates site leadership on all matters.
- Leads implementation and monitoring of programs that will ensure facility environmental compliance with applicable federal, State, and local regulations.
- Coordinates emergency response programs and training for assigned facilities.
- Provides oversight of safety programs and systems such as, OSHA compliance, SC, ERTs, Audit Reports and Life Safety Systems.
- Maintains site OSHA 300 log and associated reporting to governmental agencies.
- Ensures applicable corporate and site-specific EH&S programs are effectively implemented in a timely manner.
- Provides input to Engineers for EH&S-related items when developing and installing new equipment to be used in the facility.
- Recommends the purchase of all safety equipment.
- Provides administrative support for web-based safety systems.
- Performs other work-related tasks as required and assigned.
- At least 8 years of experience in EH&S
- At least 3 years of experience as an EH&S Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety-related field
- Environmental experience (e.g., SPCC, Hazardous Waste, and Universal Waste)
- Ability to work independently under general instructions and with a tea
- Master’s degree in related field (e.g., Environmental Safety, OSH, Industrial Hygiene, Safety Management, etc.) preferred
- Pharmaceutical industry experience
- DOT Hazardous Material Certification
- CSP Certification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Follow the link to apply: