P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
We believe great ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our talented employees and we encourage diverse, multi-functional teams to work together to generate new ideas to address challenges we face. Our Health, Safety, and Environmental organization is a critical component of our North America business and plays an integral role in delivering our results through strengthening our compliance and adherence to all laws and regulations.
This is an exciting time for HS&E and we are looking for a highly motivated, experienced HS&E leader to join our team and help build the capability and systems in North America.
The HS&E Leader will provide Health, Safety, and Environmental leadership and support to various Procter & Gamble (P&G) sites via technical mastery and site-specific coaching. In this role, you will have the opportunity to build site HS&E capability to meet P&G expectations, lead various action plan focus items, and implement regulatory compliance programs. You will provide site single point of contact leadership to multiple sites, including training and qualifying site resources to develop their mastery.
Key areas of responsibilities will include:
- Program improvements and management of HS&E systems (ie. Title V air management systems, Other Environmental System, Process Safety, Machine Safety, and Industrial Hygiene)
- Data analysis, trending, and identifying key improvement areas, including making efficient use of the new HS&E database systems
- Training and capability building via content and/or structure changes
- Development of HS&E programs and systems
As the HS&E leader, you will:
- Possess in-depth technical mastery of HS&E systems and work processes and will grow capability in other HS&E areas while in the role
- Gain a deeper understanding of HS&E across all disciplines and how they fit with other areas of the business
- Utilize your strong leadership, communication, and collaboration skills to influence plant, Business Unit, and corporate leadership and direction, and lead work successfully with internal and external resources
- Have the ability to energize site and Business Unit resources
You will be an excellent fit if you possess the following requirements:
Strong Technical Mastery
Possess 3 or more years of demonstrated technical mastery in HS&E disciplines and proven success of applying these skills in one or more manufacturing sites. Ability to learn additional mastery skills across other HS&E disciplines and ability to coach others in your area of expertise.
Innovates for Growth
Ability to analyze, innovate, and deliver breakthrough results around metrics and key performance indicators. Can understand existing programs and systems and provide innovative ways to deliver improved content.
Role requires effective coaching and development of site and other Business Unit leaders in your area of HS&E expertise. You will also work in the HS&E community of practice for your specific HS&E discipline.
Ability and experience to benchmark other programs, internally and externally, and reapply takeaways to drive improvements in delivering information (data, training, etc.). Successful experience working across different internal and external organizations (ie: plant resources, engineering, site and Business Unit leadership, regional and corporate teams, legal, and external agencies) to motivate change.
Experience in regulatory program and compliance management, interpreting regulatory requirements, and developing solutions to meet those requirements. In-depth knowledge of OSHA, EPA, NFPA, and/or other HS&E regulatory requirements is a plus.
Ability to travel 15-20% for the role
Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Environmental, Chemical, Mechanical and Civil Engineering degrees with meaningful practical experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company’s specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Job locations: Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Job Type: Full-time
Req. No: ENG00002174
Copy and paste the link below:
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Supervisor – Kelloggs Cincinnati, Ohio
Posted: Jul 26, 2019
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND SAFETY (EHS) SUPERVISOR
Grow with us as an EHS Supervisor in our manufacturing environment. Driving the culture that delivers on one of our priorities of people safety will give you the opportunity to lead with us. Engage with us as you collaborate with the plant’s leadership team and employees as we embrace the belief that all injuries are preventable and achieving a healthy and safe environment starts with ‘me’.
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Functional Support – Serving as the technical resource for all relevant, plant employee safety and environmental compliance areas. Collaborating with the EHS Manager to support all ongoing EHS developments and review of continuous improvement programs.
• Lead EHS Programs – Work closely with the EHS Manager in execution of programs to ensure sites are in compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations. Support the development, review, and revision of site safety plans.
• Implement EHS Policies – Utilize your knowledge of safety and environmental regulations and build relationships throughout the plant to flawlessly implement environmental, health, and safety practices
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
• High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
• Working knowledge of Safety and Environmental Regulations
• Strong technical abilities with demonstrated experience with MS Office
• Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health, Environmental Sciences (and or related)
• Demonstrated organizational, research and analytical skills Experience with Health& Safety in a manufacturing setting
• Working knowledge of SAP, OSHA, and Workers Compensation.
It’s best to apply today, because job postings can be taken down and we wouldn’t want you to miss this opportunity. To learn more about what’s next, click on one of the links below:
• Kellogg K-Values
• New Hire Benefits Guide
• Kellogg Stories and News.
THE FINER PRINT The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link. GROW With Us. Kellogg Recruitment