Our Client is an Industry leading, constantly improving, capital equipment manufacturer. This is a great opportunity for a Safety or EH&S person to move up into a leadership and multi-site management position with and exciting growing company.
- Will have responsibility for managing the Safety program at two (2) locations. Will probably split time pretty evenly between the two plants. One (1) plant has a Safety person on site and has a well-established program and history. The second location has recently moved to a new location. This location has also grown from 40 to more than 200 employees in the past year and is continuing to grow.
- This person will be building and enhancing on an already established Safety program.
- This position will ensure that our client manufacturing locations comply with all applicable Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) requirements including those of the Company as well as those of the State and Federal regulations.
- This person will spend most their time out in the manufacturing operation working with manufacturing team members and supervisors.
- Will be promoting a safety culture with all in the company.
- Will be responsible for risk assessments, safety culture building and the use of data to support decisions
- Will manage day to day as well as corporate requirements for safety assessments and standards
- This individual will be an integral part of the manufacturing operations and the Safety and Environment function and will work closely with multi-disciplinary teams to establish the necessary programs to ensure excellent overall results in environment, health, safety and sustainability.
- It is envisioned that this individual will promote the importance of a strong environment, health and safety culture by providing training and establishing/directing EHS programs.
- This individual must display good communication, planning, and management skills.
- Ensure our clients employees and operations maintain compliance with all environment, health and safety regulations; and keep abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
- Assist in maintain appropriate metrics, evaluate data trending, and provide data input to management reviews, with a view to continuous improvement and enhancement of EHS performance.
- Assist with the implementation of EHS policies, practices, guidelines, and procedures.
- Identify location-specific requirements for each area and participate in the development of related programs and policies. Assist in developing training programs and conduct training to comply with regulatory corporate EHS initiatives.
- Supervise the incident/accident investigation process including root cause analysis and ensure corrective actions are completed.
- Conduct environment, health and safety audits and risk assessments.
- Participate in external EHS compliance audits and loss prevention audits.
- Coordinate the completion of all corrective actions with site personnel resulting from risk assessments, compliance audits or loss prevention audits.
- Liaise with facilities maintenance and property management personnel to ensure appropriate fire and life safety controls are in place and maintained.
- Oversee required permitting submissions for air, water, and land jurisdictional requirements.
- Serve as site contact point for government inquiries relating to EHS.
- Function as a technical EHS resource for management and the safety committee.
- Lead the site safety committee.
- Participate in the site’s Continuous Improvement/Lean/5S activities.
- Provide recommendations for improving EHS practices within the facility.
This job might be for you if:
- Experience in an environment, health and safety position, preferably with experience in manufacturing environment
- Must demonstrate the ability and willingness to successfully work independently and communicate with senior management.
- Experience in manufacturing safety, machine guarding, training and ergonomics a plus.
Ideal Education, Skills, and Behaviors
- B.S. Degree in Environment, Health and Safety Management or equivalent
- Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of environment, health and safety guidelines and regulations; a good working knowledge of health and safety engineering, and a highly refined understanding of the issues related to manufacturing environments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Must have ability to communicate through all levels of the organization.
Messina Management Systems
513-774-9083 Ext. 1308