Sheakley is a family owned, outsourced human resources specialty firm dedicated to recognizing and meeting the growing needs of employers. Serving employers since 1963, we’ve evolved beyond our industry leading workers’ comp and unemployment claims management programs to become one of the most respected and trusted providers of comprehensive payroll, time and labor management, and HR solutions and services. We proudly represent more than 50,000 clients.
We offer employees a range of perks including but not limited to:
- Competitive Pay
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Contributions to your HSA bi-weekly. $1100 for Individual, $2200 for family
- Additional insurance options: Critical Illness, Long Term, Short Term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Employee Assistance Program, Legal Shield
- 401(k) savings plan with match after 1 year
- Continuous professional training and development
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation and PTO available
- Employee focused culture with appreciation events all year
To provide professional knowledge and expertise in the administration and support of Department of Transportation programs for all clients. Flexible atmosphere, with changing projects and assignments. Must have a passion for transportation safety and challenging the status quo. Must enjoy engaging with people and utilizing technology to learn, promote, teach, and track safe work practices. Responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of all Department of Transportation ( DOT) regulations and programs to assure compliance with regulatory agency guidelines, best practices, and institutional policies.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential Functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state and locallegislation and codes governing all administrations of the Department of Transportation. Utilize knowledge and skills to promote a positive health and safety culture in the workplace of our clients.
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations and guidelines.
- Interfaces with regulatory agencies, and internal staff to formulate corrective actions.
- Assesses risk potential of clients. Makes recommendations to client companies in regards to DOT compliance.
- Conducts mock audits, designs training for all employer clients, and internal staff as needed.
- Makes recommendations to client companies in regards to DOT compliance and industry best practices. Analyze and recommend improvements for safe work practices, policies and training programs.
- Develops and implements recurrence prevention programs and procedures.
- Conducts on-site Mock Audits and consultation of client operations and facilities.
- Responds and provides assistance to all emergency situations.
- Interaction with potential clients regarding potential sales of DOT and other environmental safety and health related products and services.
- Ability to be cross trained in the knowledge necessary for other environmental health and safety product offerings available.
- Travels to visit client’s worksites to ensure compliance and best practices are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attends conferences, meetings and continuing education courses to keep up-to-date on new safety procedures to applicable codes and regulationsor to maintain required level of certification.
- Three to five years of directly related experience in DOT regulations and compliance is required.
- Extensive background in fleet related transportation industry required.
- Solid knowledge of DOT industry regulatory standards. Able to communicate such regulations to others.
- 3-5 years solid DOT experience required.
- Good public speaking abilities.
- Bilingual and sign language capabilities preferred, not required
- Energetic, Ambitious, Assertive and an excellent communicator.
- Able to meet deadlines; work independently without direct supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- 20-45% Overnight travel is required.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Outgoing personality, self-motivated
- Excellent customer service, telephonic, electronic, and written communication skills. Analyze and recommend improvements for safe work practices, policies and training programs.
- Technical experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Use of standard office equipment.
- Organization, attention to detail, flexibility and strong ability to multi-task interfacing multiple client situations on any given workday.
- Relax and enjoy time away from the workplace to refresh and rejuvenate.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment without direct supervision. Must embrace a team based, initiative driven environment.
- Effectively work with others to build consensus and rapport
- Ability to lift, file, reach and carry up to 25 pounds
- Work conditions are typically warehouse, clinical, and manufacturing facilities, construction projects, and field conditions in or adjacent to radiation, biological and/or hazardous material work areas. May require working after hours, occasional weekend to respond to emergency or non-emergency situations.
Education and Experience
A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to lift and move 25 lbs.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY: It is our policy to seek and employ the best qualified personnel and to provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees, including upgrading, promoting and training and to administer these activities in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by law.
To Apply Contact:
513-618-1150 x 6300